Improve the health, well-being and independence of Lorain County residents by serving vulnerable aging individuals and other adults with special needs.
Provide services to empower the aging and other adults with special needs to take steps needed to protect their health, well-being and independence.
Ensure access to available resources to vulnerable aging individuals and adults with special needs, throughout Lorain County.
Serve eligible adult Lorain County residents, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, disability, health status, geographic location or socioeconomic status.
Core Values of Lorain County Office on Aging define who we are and what we believe. They guide how we serve individuals, how we treat one another, and how we make decisions.
- The highest priority of Lorain County Office on Aging is to treat all individuals with dignity and respect.
- Understand that our primary role in Lorain County is to provide services that empower, protect and improve the health and well-being of the individuals we serve.
- Partner with individuals served, and their family members, to address their concerns and needs, including identifying potential solutions to improve their health, well-being and independence.
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable aging and disabled Lorain County residents with enthusiasm, compassion and in consideration of best practices.
- Collaborate and partner with other stakeholders to address the unmet needs of those served, and maximize resources available to the aging and adults with special needs in the greater community.
- Act as a good steward of public and private funds by continually implementing programs that are both effective and efficient.
The core services offered by Lorain County Office on Aging are designed to promote the health, well-being and independence of at-risk aging and disabled adults living throughout Lorain County. Services include:
- Aging & Disability Resource Network(residents 60+ & adults with a disability)
- Information & Assistance
- Benefits Screening & Assistance
- Options Counseling to help aging & disabled adults remain safely in community settings
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Basic Needs Assistance (United Way UCAN) – focus areas of Eaton & Columbia Station
- Support Services to maintain health, well-being & independence
- Housekeeping Services
- Chore Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Transportation Assistance to Health Care Appointments
- Food Pantry Services (including home delivery of commodities and fruits & vegetables)
- Senior Dining Program
- RSVP (volunteer opportunities for Lorain County residents 55+ years)
- Senior Years Newspaper
- Health Education Services
- Kinship Care Program
LORAIN COUNTY OFFICE ON AGING LOCATIONS
320 N. Gateway Blvd., 2nd Floor
Elyria, OH 44035
Services: Benefits Assistance, Support Services, Options Counseling, Information & Assistance, Senior Dining, Food Pantry Services, Chore Services, Housekeeping Services, Transportation to Healthcare Appointments, Kinship Services, RSVP Volunteer Program, Senior Years Newspaper, Health Education Services.
Service Area: Lorain County
4575 Lake Road
Sheffield Lake, OH 44054
Services: Meals on Wheels & Food Pantry Assistance
Service Area: Avon, Avon Lake, Sheffield Lake, Sheffield Village
Southern Satellite Office
508 Dickson St., # 4
Wellington, OH 44090
Services: Meals on Wheels, Transportation to Healthcare Appointments, Senior Dining Program, Support Services, Health Education Services.
Service Area: Brighton, Camden, Huntington, Kipton, Penfield, Pittsfield, Rochester & Wellington